Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back By Popular Demand

Hospitaliano!

A lot has happened since I vowed to start blogging again on our seven month anniversary. Mark and I recently celebrated our one year anniversary last weekend, so I decided I'd attempt to blog a little here and there again.


For our one year anniversary, Mark bought us both iPads... and I have now lost a fiance to Temple Run (a game you can download on the iPad where you run from Monkeys...). The gift was such an amazing surprise though and I have loved getting to use it so far.

Tonight I pulled a recipe from a Healthy Cooking cookbook I bought at Half Price Books awhile back. The dish was a whole wheat pasta dish with tomatoes, asparagus and pesto, which we made with a side salad. It was amazing and hit the spot. I love whole wheat pasta so much more than regular pasta. I will let the picture speak for itself.


The meal was super easy. The whole wheat pasta was cooked in boiling water while Mark sauteed the asparagus and red pepper flakes in extra virgin olive oil. Once the asparagus were crispy, Mark tossed in the halved grape tomatoes, pesto and garlic. After that had cooked for a little while, we drained the pasta, threw all of the ingredients on top and sprinkled a little basil on top and BAM... all done.

While Mark worked on the pasta, I threw together a side salad to serve with the pasta. I had gotten a prepackaged salad mix at Central Market this weekend, so I added the rest of the halved tomatoes that we didn't use with the pasta and threw on some cheddar cheese. I thought Italian dressing would be fitting and it definitely completed the salad.

So hopefully this post will be the start or more blogging for me. It's relaxing for me to be able to write after a long day at work, even if it is on a silly blog about random things.

:)

M&m

1 comment:

  1. I can't get enough of pasta! They are my favorite...

    -Honeybee
    http://healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete