Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lets Put Another Shrimp On the Barbie

Tonight Mark and I got back in the kitchen and created what I believe to be our best dinner yet, shrimp kabobs. As I type this, I have a belly full of kabob.

After work we went to Whole Foods to pick up our ingredients for dinner. I may or may not have fallen prey to every single samp they offered while we were there (it's my weakness, sue me).


We decided to go with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, pineapples, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and squash on our kabobs. 



We also ventured down a path we'd never been before: quinoa. Being the avid food blog reader that I am, I've heard a lot about quinoa and we'd been wanting to try it for awhile, so we decided tonight was the night. It turns out, quinoa is basically just a healthier version of rice.

On a completely unrelated note, I got to play in a softball game last night. My friend Alycia asked me to play for a team she's been on all season. They needed girls to play and I love softball so I said yes. It was fun to be out on the field again. I took the liberty of throwing in this video that Mark so lovingly filmed while I was at bat.



We won our game.

More posts to come :)

M&m

No comments:

Post a Comment