Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

In honor of our 7 month anniversary...

I decided to get back on the blogging saddle. Last week we didn't get much quality time with the kitchen, so this week Mark and I vowed to make at least three dinners at my apartment. Last night we made a grilled tilapia with wild rice and broccoli. It was one of the best fish dishes we've made and so delicious.

While in the produce section at Central Market on Sunday (my new favorite place) Mark and I spotted some delicious looking green peppers and inspiration struck as I was instantly reminded of my mom's famous stuffed peppers. The giant bright green guys pretty much sold themselves.

We began the pepper party by cutting the tops off the peps and dicing them so that they could be added to the meat and rice mix later on. I also diced about 1/8 of a yellow onion to add to the mix.


While I was working on the veggies, Mark manned the meat station. In the meat mix, we added brown rice, the remainder of the green peppers and the chopped onions, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and worcestershire sauce.


After the meat had been cooked, we stuffed the peppers and put them in the oven to bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Because Mark and I decided to run before dinner today, I was starving while we waited for the peppers, so I downed quite a few giant Central Market grapes and Mark watched sports...


Finally after 20 minutes of grape-eating, the stuffed peppers were finished!!


Since I had no idea what sides you make with stuffed peppers, I decided to throw the rest of the grapes on Mark's plate as a side (they were so good, they only lasted two days, whoops). With the melted cheese on top, these stuffed peppers were everything we'd been craving and more. It was a perfect meal to ring in seven perfect months of dating.

More to come (maybe) :)

M&m

No comments:

Post a Comment