Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Not Delivery, It's Mark and Megan's

I know every post I say that meal is the best, but this may have really been the best. Mark and I have been talking about making homemade pizza for awhile, so we finally busted out the big guns tonight. We bought a whole grain pizza crust at Whole Foods yesterday and just to spice things up a bit, decided to divide the pie in half and make our own creations on each side. Being obsessed with vegetables, I naturally decided to go with a veggie pizza. I may have gone a bit overboard on my veg purchase (as seen below). However, I was able to be more than generous with my toppings.


I cut up green peppers, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and mushrooms for my veggie pizza. I also used part-skim mozzarella cheese and the leftover mushroom spaghetti sauce from our turkey spaghetti. Mark went with the classic margherita style pizza. He cut fresh mozzarella, basil and tomatoes and put it on top of the spaghetti sauce we used as our base.


All in all, we were more than happy with the results. The crust was much better than either of us expected, and we only ate half of this giant pizza... which means leftovers (aww yeah)!

More posts to come :)

M&m

No comments:

Post a Comment